THAT Bylaw No. 21/016 be amended by:
1. Deleting from the definition of Garage Sale, the words “a fourteen-day period” and inserting in its place, “one calendar year” in 1(a).
2. Deleting the definition of Special Events and replacing it with the following:
Special Event means a development related to the assembly or meeting of persons for a limited period of time held for a specific purpose. Special events may include but are not limited to a gathering for community, cultural, charitable, educational, recreational, or sporting events. A Special event does not include events:
a. intrinsic and ancillary to a use that has a valid development permit; or,
b. taking place for non-commercial and personal use on a parcel of land within an urban or rural residential district consisting of not greater than 1 person per 15m2 to a maximum of 150 persons.
3. Amending 1(b) by:
· In subsection (bb) ii. deleting the word “or”.
· In subsection (bb) iii. including the words “owned or” before the words “operated by a school” and including the word “or” at the end.
· Adding the following as (bb) iv.:
“(bb) iv. attended by cumulatively less than fifty (50) persons on a parcel of land that is not within an urban or rural residential district.”
· Deleting subsection (dd) and replacing it with the following:
“(dd) assembly or meeting for non-commercial and personal use taking place on a parcel of land within an urban or rural residential district consisting of not greater than 1 person per 15m2 to a maximum of 150 persons.”