Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Combative Sports Commission
• To advise, promote, participate in and foster the development of standardized combative sports programs, policies and procedure.
• To create proactive strategies regarding combative sports.
• To develop strategies to remove barriers and address issues of combative sports.
• To foster and promote awareness of combative sports in the region.
• To review and evaluate event permits for individuals or groups engaged in combative sports and make recommendations through Administration to Council accordingly.
• To submit an annual report and budget to Council.
• To encourage the hosting of combative sports events and programs in the region.
Collection of Personal Information:
The personal information you provide when applying for this board/committee is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information is used to determine your suitability for the board/committee and, if you're appointed, this information will be kept on file in the Legislative Services office during your term of appointment. If you have any questions about the collection and use of your personal information contact the Legislative Officer, 7th Floor Jubilee Centre, 9909 Franklin Ave T9H 2K4, or call 780-743-7001.
Meeting Frequency: Minimum of six (6) times per year
Affecting Legislation: Bylaw No. 13/019
Term Limit: 2 year Terms, limited to 3 Consecutive Terms, then 1 year break.