Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Library Board
• To provide library service that meets the needs of the Municipality
• To create polices and plans that enable good library service and management of the library
• To obtain adequate funding and create budgets to plan the library’s expenditures
• To communicate with and respond to the community, and to municipal council
• To oversee the Library Director, giving direction and evaluation performance
• To promote and support the library, and to advocate on behalf of the library
• To stay informed of library issues, trends, and developments
Collection of Personal Information:
The personal information you provide when applying for this board/committee is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information is used to determine your suitability for the board/committee and, if you're appointed, this information will be kept on file in the Legislative Services office during your term of appointment. If you have any questions about the collection and use of your personal information contact the Legislative Officer, 7th Floor Jubilee Centre, 9909 Franklin Ave T9H 2K4, or call 780-743-7001.
Meeting Frequency: Currently, meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. except for July, August and December.
Affecting Legislation: Libraries Act, Revised Statutes of Alberta 2000, Chapter L-11
Libraries Regulation (AR 141/1998)
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Library Board Bylaw
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Library Board Governance Policy
Term Limit: 3 year Terms, limited to 3 Consecutive Terms, then 1 year break.