THAT the following issues shall be referred to the appropriate Council appointed committee by Administration with a request for recommendations to come back to Council before summer recess:
· need for power to the riverfront Festival space;
· improving fishing opportunities;
· the number of boat launches required by the Region;
· whether an art piece should be installed near the riverfront celebrating the history of float planes usage in the Region;
· the need for historical signage by the waterfront celebrating the Region’s history;
· whether the Region should have a sign that says Fort McMurray or Wood Buffalo for picture opportunities; and
· any other recommendations that the appropriate committee could bring forward to improve either the waterfront or downtown.
Resuming of Chair
Mayor D. Scott resumed the Chair at 3:56 p.m.
The following item was identified throughout the budget discussion for follow up by Administration:
· Refer to the Waterfront Committee the task to investigate the possibility for gazebos on the Snye; power being provided to the Snye Festival area; and determining how many boat launches are required.