Regional Advisory Committee on Inclusion, Diversity and Equality (RACIDE)
RACIDE consists of community members who are passionate about diversity and inclusion. Members who work with the Wood Buffalo community to develop actions plans and initiatives that help create a more welcoming and inclusive community for all.
• To foster and promote awareness of issues of inclusion, diversity and equality in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
• To advise, promote and foster the development of policies, programs and activities directed towards inclusion, diversity and equality.
• Explore and recommend strategies to encourage proactive responses regarding issues of inclusion, diversity and equality in alignment with being an inclusive and welcoming community.
• Develop strategies to remove barriers and address issues of inclusion, diversity and equality in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
• To advise and report to Council on an annual basis or as needed based on circumstances.
Collection of Personal Information:
The personal information you provide when applying for this board/committee is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information is used to determine your suitability for the board/committee and, if you're appointed, this information will be kept on file in the Legislative Services office during your term of appointment. If you have any questions about the collection and use of your personal information contact the Legislative Officer, 7th Floor Jubilee Centre, 9909 Franklin Ave T9H 2K4, or call 780-743-7001.
Meeting Frequency: The Committee establishes its own meeting schedule. Currently, meetings are held the first Thursday of each month at 5:00 p.m.