• Coordinating and assisting with established Communities in Bloom activities and programs.
• Participating in the development of future projects and programs that promote the goals of Communities in Bloom.
• Liaising with community groups, businesses and organizations.
• Promoting community beautification and volunteerism throughout the Region.
• As a team, preparing an annual report to Council summarizing the Committee’s achievements.
• Attending monthly events and volunteering for various Communities in Bloom programs and events.
Collection of Personal Information:
The personal information you provide when applying for this board/committee is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The personal information is used to determine your suitability for the board/committee and, if you're appointed, this information will be kept on file in the Legislative Services office during your term of appointment. If you have any questions about the collection and use of your personal information contact the Legislative Officer, 7th Floor Jubilee Centre, 9909 Franklin Ave T9H 2K4, or call 780-743-7001.
Meeting Frequency: The Committee establishes its own meeting schedule. Currently, meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Affecting Legislation: Committee Bylaw No. 17/024
Term Limit: 2 year Terms, limited to 3 Consecutive Terms, then 1 year break.